Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
8440 State Route 54, Hammondsport, NY 14840-9795
Phone: +1 607-224-4120 | Fax: 607/224-4123 | 61 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
The Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel is perfectly nestled in at the southern tip of Keuka Lake and located in what was voted by readers of Budget Travel as the "Coolest Small Town in America"!
Whether guests are here for the breathtaking scenery, the multitude of outdoor activities or simply to enjoy the award-winning wines, beers, and spirits of the Finger Lakes region, the Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel offers exceptional value and comfort while enjoying their getaway.
Guests will enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, an elegantly designed lobby and guestroom complete with local flare, a complimentary hot buffet breakfast, 24-hour state of the art fitness center, 24-hour business center, indoor heated pool, meeting/banquet facilities that accommodate up to 125 attendees, and free parking. We also offer a mini-frig, microwave, coffeemaker, 40-inch LED Samsung® TV’s with expanded HBO®, and Sealy® pillowtop mattress in all of our guestrooms.
Business travelers will appreciate the newly constructed Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel and are always a welcome delight. In addition to all of the amenities and comforts we have to offer, guests will also enjoy a short commute while visiting The Glenn Curtiss Museum, The Finger Lakes Boating Museum, world class local wineries/breweries/distilleries, and other exceptional local restaurants and businesses in the Hammondsport town center.
Book your upcoming stay at the Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel, and find out why we are the best hotel in the “coolest small town in America”!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast. Choice of Breads, Muffins, Danish Cereal, Fruit, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage or Bacon, Yogurt, Juice and Coffee, Belgian waffles, Oatmeal, Biscuits and gravy
- Indoor pool, heated, open 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Exercise facility, 24 hours, free
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Interior corridors
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, English and Spanish
- Guest laundry
- Dry cleaning, same day available
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out, upon availability, nominal fee may apply
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television Cable TV complimentary.
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center, 24 hours, free. State of the art computers and printing capability. Also features applicable items needed for mailing, processing and e-mailing.
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Audio/visual equipment and services
- Video conferencing
- Meeting facilities, 1,100 square feet with natural lighting options and exterior doors leading to an outside courtyard. Separate pre-function space for pre-post functions. Also includes a separate food prep area for catering.
- Banquet facilities, 1,100 square feet with natural lighting options and exterior doors leading to an outside courtyard. Separate pre-function space for pre-post functions. Also includes a separate food prep area for catering.
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities. Handicap accessible rooms, wheelchair access through main entrance. Pool lift available.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged, designated parking spaces, 24 hours, free
- Ice/vending machines. 2nd and 3rd floors have ice machines. There is a Market downstairs for beverage/snack items.
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Free parking, 24 hours
- Outdoor parking, 24 hours, free
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Electric car charging station
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 3 package deals available at the best western plus the hammondsport hotel in Hammondsport.
Corning Museum of Glass Package 1 Night
Join us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS The Hammondsport Hotel and book the Corning Museum of Glass Package. This package includes tickets to The Corning Museum of Glass per person, which are good for two consecutive days. Guests will enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, an elegantly designed lobby and guestroom complete with local flare, a complimentary hot buffet breakfast, 24-hour state of the art fitness center, 24-hour business center, indoor heated pool, meeting-banquet facilities that accommodate up to 125 attendees, and free parking. We also offer a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, 40-inch LED Samsung® TV's with expanded HBO®, and Sealy® pillow top mattress in all of our guestrooms.
Corning Museum Combo Package 1 Night
Join us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS The Hammondsport Hotel and book the Corning Museum Combo Package. This package includes tickets to the Corning Museum of Glass per person, which are good for two consecutive days, and tickets to The Rockwell Museum of Art (a Smithsonian affiliate) per person, which are good for one-day. Guests will enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, an elegantly designed lobby and guestroom complete with local flare, a complimentary hot buffet breakfast, 24-hour state of the art fitness center, 24-hour business center, indoor heated pool, meeting-banquet facilities that accommodate up to 125 attendees, and free parking. We also offer a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, 40-inch LED Samsung® TV's with expanded HBO®, and Sealy® pillow top mattress in all of our guestrooms.
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus the hammondsport hotel in Hammondsport, New York is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.398782 / Latitude: -77.227167
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Canandaigua. Take US-20 E. and Co Road 18 to South Street in Gorham. Head southeast on S. Main Street toward Chapin Street. Use the left two lanes to turn left onto US-20 E/Eastern Boulevard. Continue to follow US-20 E. Turn right onto NY-247 S. Turn left onto Co Road 18. Turn left onto NY-245 N. Take Co Road 29 and Ferguson Corners Road to NY-14A S. in Benton. Turn right onto South Street. Make a slight left onto Co Road 29. Continue onto County Road 2. Continue onto Ferguson Corners Road. Drive to NY-54 S. in Urbana. Turn right onto NY-14A S. Turn right onto NY-54 S/Lake Street. Continue to follow NY-54 S. The Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel will be on the left.
From: Binghampton. Head west on Main Street toward Oak Street. Turn right onto Jarvis Street. Turn left onto Clinton Street. Turn right onto Glenwood Avenue. Make a slight left onto Downs Avenue. Continue onto Airport Road. Turn left onto the ramp to Elmira W. Follow NY-17 W and I-86 W to NY-54 N/W Washington Street in Bath. Take Exit 38 from I-86 W. Merge onto NY-17 W. Continue onto I-86 W/NY-17 W. Passing through Pennsylvania entering New York. Take Exit 38 for NY-54 toward Bath/Hammondsport. Drive to NY-54 N in Urbana. Turn right onto NY-54 N/W Washington Street. Turn left onto Liberty Street. Continue onto NY-54 N/Geneva Street. Continue to follow NY-54 N. The Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel will be on the right.
From: Erie, PA. Follow I-86 E to W Washington Street in Bath. Take Exit 38 from I-86 E. Merge onto I-90 E. Take Exit 37 for I-86 E toward Jamestown. Continue onto I-86 E. Entering New York. Take Exit 38 for New York 54 toward Bath/Hammondsport. Drive to NY-54 N in Urbana. Turn left onto W. Washington Street. Turn left onto Liberty Street. Continue onto NY-54 N/Geneva Street. Continue to follow NY-54 N. The Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel will be on the right.
From: New York, NY. Take I-78 W to NJ-139 W in Jersey City. Take I-80 W, I-380 N, I-81 N, NY-17 W and I-86 W to NY-54 N/W Washington Street in Bath. Take Exit 38 from I-86 W. Drive to NY-54 N in Urbana. Turn right onto NY-54 N/W Washington Street. Turn left onto Liberty Street. Continue onto NY-54 N/Geneva Street. Continue to follow NY-54 N. The Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel will be on the right.
From: Syracuse. Get on I-81 N. Follow I-90 W to NY-318 E in Phelps. Take Exit 42 from I-90 W. Take Pre Emption Road and Lake Street to NY-54 S. in Urbana. Continue onto NY-318 E Toll road. Turn right onto NY-14 S. Turn right onto Cross Road. Turn left onto Pre Emption Road. Turn right onto NY-54 W. Continue onto Main Street. Turn right onto Lake Street. Continue onto NY-54 S. The Best Western Plus® The Hammondsport Hotel will be on the left.
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 17 mile(s) from Watkins Glen International, The road course track at Watkins Glen International boast today’s pros from NASCAR® to Vintage Cups. Watkins Glen International offers racing buffs the ultimate high-octane, family-friendly racing experience. In fact, Watkins Glen International was voted the Best NASCAR® Track in the country in 2015 in a USA Today Reader’s Choice Poll.
- .3 mile(s) from Glenn H. Curtiss Museum, The Glenn H. Curtiss Museum is dedicated to the memory of pioneer aviator, Glenn Curtiss. The museum contains a priceless collection relating to early aviation and local history. The museum also features a 75-seat theater, large open area for special events and a gift shop. In addition to seeing the museum displays and exhibits, visitors are welcome to visit the Restoration Shop, talk with volunteer craftsman and watch them work on historic aircraft.
- 4.6 mile(s) from Heron Hill Winery, The Heron Hill Winery dedicated to excellence in wine making in the Finger Lakes region since 1977. Journey through the rolling hills and discover our full portfolio of wines. Heron Hill is among the leaders in recognizing Riesling as the region's flagship varietal. Heron Hill Winery has become a coveted destination within New York for weddings, as well as casual, outdoor food and music events. Heron Hill Winery was chosen as one of the ten most spectacular tasting rooms in the world by Travel + Leisure magazine!
- 2.9 mile(s) from Finger Lakes Boat Museum, In 1996 a small group of dedicated antique boating enthusiasts, motivated in part by a common concern over the rapidly dwindling population of locally-built wooden boats, committed to establishing a museum that would preserve the boating heritage of the Finger Lakes Region of New York State. The museum collection has now grown to more than 150 boats built by many of the 40+ commercial builders identified to date as having built boats throughout the Finger Lakes Region during the last century.
- 3.5 mile(s) from Bully Hill Vineyards, The tour and tasting experience at Bully Hill is definitely one of the most unique in the Finger Lakes. The experience begins with a complimentary 30 minute walking tour of the estate followed by a 20 minute tasting extravaganza. Leaving from the Visitor's Center your guide will elaborate on the unique history of Bully Hill and Walter S. Taylor, Bully Hill's founder.
- 7.2 mile(s) from Dr. Konstantin Frank Wine, Overlooking the crystal clear waters of Keuka Lake, the winery offers breath-taking views year round. Situated in the former home of Dr. Konstantin Frank, the main tasting room is both cozy and welcoming. Vast windows surround the tasting room, peeking out to beautiful Keuka Lake and some of the oldest vinifera vineyards in the United States. But of course, the world-class wines are the main attractions here. Combine these quality wines with spectacular views and one of the most knowledgeable tasting room staffs in the Finger Lakes, and you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience!
- 3.1 mile(s) from Pleasant Valley Wine Comp, Popularly known as the Great Western Winery, located near the village of Hammondsport, New York is the oldest winery in the Finger Lakes region. Established in 1860, the winery proudly displays the designation U.S. Bonded Winery No. 1 and has eight remarkable stone buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- .1 mile(s) from Finger Lakes Beer Company, Established in the fall of 2009. The brewery location, nestled in the heart of the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of upstate New York, was chosen for its close proximity to Keuka Lake and the availability for lake water for the brewing process. The entrance way of the Brewery and Tasting room offer large windows for great views of the Brew Room as well as a large comfortable area for you and your friends to relax and visit while enjoying your favorite brews offered fresh daily. They offer pints of beer, flight of tastings and growler fills of fine crafted ales and our signature root-beer all brewed on premises with the freshest ingredient's that can be found. They offer free guided tours on non-brewing days of the brew room floor explaining the brewing process.
- 28.5 mile(s) from Corning® Museum of Glass, Founded in 1951 by Corning® Glass Works (now Corning® Incorporated) as a gift to the nation for the company’s 100th anniversary, The Corning® Museum of Glass is a not-for-profit museum dedicated to telling the story of a single material: glass. The Corning® Museum of Glass cares for and displays the world’s best collection of art and historical glass. When you visit, you’ll see more than 3,500 years of history displayed in the Glass Collection Galleries, from the glass portrait of an ancient Egyptian pharaoh to contemporary sculpture made in glass.
- .2 mile(s) from Keuka Lake Wine Trail, The Finger Lakes of New York is the largest and most celebrated wine producing region in the eastern United States. At its heart lies Keuka Lake, whose spectacular beauty and glacially-deposited soils inspired early grape cultivation and the birth of America’s wine industry in 1860. The wineries craft some of the world’s most beautifully balanced and vibrant wines, and they take equal pride in the warmth of their hospitality.
- 27.7 mile(s) from The Rockwell Museum, the diverse, unique collection, gifted by Bob and Hertha Rockwell, serves as the base of the work, and provides inspiration for their innovative programs. Their mission is to use their collection to stimulate and engage its visitors, both within the museum and within the region.
- 13 mile(s) from Farm Sanctuary, Nestled in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York, the rolling green pastures of Farm Sanctuary’s 175-acre New York shelter are home to more than 500 rescued farm animals. Spend the day or take an hour-long guided tour, browse their unique gift shop, learn more about farm animals in the Visitor Center, or enjoy a snack on the scenic deck. They are located next door to Sugar Hill State Forest, just west of Watkins Glen.
- .5 mile(s) from Champlin Beach, Keuka lakefront park and beach that includes a boardwalk, a grassy area for sunbathing, and a swimming area and diving dock supervised by a lifeguard. Champlin Beach, a public beach area, is located at the southernmost end of Keuka Lake and is accessible from state Route 54.
- 8.4 mile(s) from Bath National Cemetery, Was originally a part of the New York State Soldiers and Sailors Home, which was established in 1877, the cemetery was dedicated in December 25, 1879. In 1930,the Soldiers and Sailors Home and cemetery became two integrated components of the Veterans Administration Medical Center. When 82 national cemeteries were transferred from the Department of Army to the Veterans Administration in 1973, the Bath VAMC cemetery became part of the National Cemetery System and was designated appropriately.
- 1.0 mile(s) from Depot Park, Located at the base of Lake Street in downtown Hammondsport, this perfectly located park offers outstanding views of Keuka Lake combined with the peace and quiet of a time gone by. Sit on the dock or bring a blanket and people watch till the sun goes down.
- 19 mile(s) from Famous Brands Outlet, includes such famous brands as Carhartt, Columbia and Duofold have been sold in our Watkins Glen, NY clothing store since 1983. We started with only 900 square feet displaying brands such as Carhartt and Levi but now we have grown into three shopping floors consisting of over 13,000 square feet of casual clothing, outerwear and footwear representing over 600 brands.
- 29 mile(s) from Bass Factory Outlet, clothing & shoes
- 7 mile(s) from Kmart, department store
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 16.9 mile(s) from Keuka Lake State Park, Keuka Lake State Park, located in the heart of the wine country, has a gentle charm, offering views of vineyard-covered slopes, glimmering water and clear blue sky. The park's camping areas have 150 tent and trailer sites. A swimming beach, picnic shelter, boat launch ramp, docking space and hiking trails open several recreational avenues to visitors.
- .5 mile(s) from Champlin Beach, Champlin Beach is a delightful sand beach with swimming and picnic areas located near the village square. Located at the southern tip of Keuka Lake in Hammondsport.
- 20.7 mile(s) from Watkins Glen State Park, Watkins Glen State Park is the most famous of the Finger Lakes State Parks, with a reputation for leaving visitors spellbound. Within two miles, the glen's stream descends 400 feet past 200-foot cliffs, generating 19 waterfalls along its course. The gorge path winds over and under waterfalls and through the spray of Cavern Cascade.
- .1 mile(s) from Keuka Watersports, Boat, Jet Ski, Kayak, and Paddleboard Rentals.
- 1 mile(s) from Keuka Big Foot Charters, Guided lake trout, rainbow, brown trout and landlocked salmon fishing on Keuka Lake. June-November
- 10 mile(s) from Bath Country Club Golf, Nestled in the scenic hills surrounding Bath, NY, you will discover our hidden gem known by locals as Bath Country Club (BCC). BCC offers 18 holes of challenging play that is shared between members and nearby communities, as well as guests and visitors to the Finger Lakes area.
- 20 mile(s) from Lakeside Club Golf, Located in the hills overlooking beautiful Keuka Lake just south of Penn Yan, Lakeside Country Club includes an outstanding Par 72, 6631 yard, 18-hole golf course with watered fairways, a modern clubhouse, a full-service pro shop, a natural grass driving range and two practice areas for putting, chipping, and sand trap practice. The club welcomes area residents and visitors who have an interest in becoming members.
- 32.4 mile(s) from Reservoir Creek Golf, The idea of the team of designers and builders was to “lay the course gently on the land.” Their efforts were well rewarded – the course follows the natural contours of the hillside and is mature beyond its years.
- Across the street from Pelican's Nest, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Union Bock Italian Bistro, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Village Tavern Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.5 mile(s) from Bully Hill Vineyards Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 7 mile(s) from Waterfront Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the in or near Hammondsport. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean