BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel
1324 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11216
Phone: 718/604-7300 | Fax: 718/604-7400 | 56 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Discover the best of New York City at this Brooklyn hotel- 100% non-smoking, close to the Brooklyn Children’s Museum and the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, a newly-constructed hotel, is committed to providing guests with friendly customer service and comfortable accommodations at an unbeatable value. We feature spaciously-appointed guest rooms, each complete with free wireless high-speed Internet access, 42-inch LG televisions, microwave and refrigerators. Start your morning with our delicious complimentary continental breakfast. Additional amenities at this quality hotel include a fitness center and business center.
This Brooklyn New York hotel is ideally located in Bedford- Stuyvesant just 3 miles outside of Manhattan. We are close to Long Island University, Pratt Institute, Barclay Center Arena Home to the Brooklyn Nets and the Brooklyn Brewery. Guests looking for things to do in Manhattan can visit Times Square, catch a Broadway show and tour iconic landmark attractions New York is known for. The subway is only two blocks from the hotel. Don’t forget Brooklyn has a lot to offer too. Visit Coney Island for a day at the beach, check out the Brooklyn Museum, Prospect Park or explore the excellent restaurants and shops in the diverse neighborhoods such as Park Slope, Ft. Greene and Williamsburg for a real Brooklyn experience.
For a fun-filled stay near Manhattan attractions, make a reservation at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel!
Management reserves the right to refuse to provide accommodation to persons less than 21 years of age unless accompanied by a parent. Proof of age may be required at check-in.
A credit card will be required to check in.
We have limited free parking on first come basis.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast pancakes, bacon egg and cheese sandwiches, oatmeal, Danishes, pastries, bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee and hot chocolate.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility, 24 hour
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Porterage/bell services
- Safe deposit box, In-room able to fit laptop
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center, 24 hour, complimentary
- Printer available
- Fax services, available upon request
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Meeting facilities Our meeting room is perfect for business meetings, seminars, depositions and training sessions for up to 25 people.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking, limited free parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus arena hotel in Brooklyn.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus arena hotel in Brooklyn, New York is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.678335 / Latitude: -73.948725
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The east. Take NY-27 West/Sunrise Highway to the belt Parkway West ramp on the left to Verrazano Bridge. Merge onto Belt Parkway/Shore Parkway West. Take Exit 14 for Pennsylvania Avenue. Turn right at Pennsylvania Avenue. Turn left at Atlantic Avenue. Make a U-turn at Nostrand Avenue. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel will be on the right.
From: The west. Merge onto I-78 East-partial toll road entering New York. Turn left toward Laight Street-toll road. Turn right at Laight Street. Continue onto Thompson Street. Continue onto Canal Street. Slight right at Manhattan Bridge. Continue onto Flatbush Avenue Exit. Slight left at Fulton Street. Turn right at Vanderbilt Avenue. Take the first left onto Atlantic Avenue. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel will be on the right.
From: The north. Cross Bronx Expressway/I-95 North via the ramp on the left to Throgs Neck Bridge/New England. Take Exit 6A toward I-678 South/Whitestone Bridge. Keep right at the fork to continue toward I-678 South and merge onto I678 South-partial toll road. Take the exit toward Jackie Robinson Parkway. Merge onto Interborough Parkway/Jackie Robinson Parkway West. Slight left to stay on Interborough Parkway/Jackie Robinson Parkway South. Slight left at Pennsylvania Avenue. Turn right at Atlantic Avenue. Make a U-turn at Nostrand Avenue. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel will be on the right.
From: The south. Take the I-278 East/Staten Island Expressway ramp on the left to Verrazano Bridge. Merge onto I-278 East. Take Exit 27 to merge onto Atlantic Avenue. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel will be on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Established in 1930, Brooklyn College is a public liberal arts college located in Brooklyn in New York City. Brooklyn College is a member of the City University of New York (CUNY), featuring an urban campus with five schools of study.
The Bulldogs – fielding a variety of Division III teams competing in the City University of New York Athletic Conference (CUNYAC), represent sports at Brooklyn College. Must-see sites on campus include the Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts.
The Brooklyn Museum has featured a wide range of art in its 560,000 sq ft downtown Brooklyn building, since its opening in 1897. As one of the largest and oldest art museums in America, the permanent collections have become quite famous. They include Arts of Africa, American Art, Contemporary Art, Decorative Arts, European Art and Photography.
Schedule plenty of time during your tour to view the wonderful variety of current exhibitions too. The Museum also features musical performances, Hands-On Art Workshops, dance performances, films, gallery talks and after hours programs. While in the New York City metro area, choose one of the several area Best Western hotels, for an enjoyable and comfortable night's rest.
Founded in 1976, the College of Stanton Island is a public, four-year institution and a member of the City University of New York (CUNY) system. The senior college is found on Staten Island in New York City.
The Staten Island Dolphins are members of the NCAA Division III, where they field a variety of varsity teams competing in the City University of New York Athletic Conference (CUNYAC). CSI’s campus is over two hundred acres – making it the largest in the New York metro area.
Embark on your next trip to New York and visit Brooklyn. While you're looking for things to see and do, be sure to book a tee time at the Dyker Beach Golf Course. A top Brooklyn-area golf destination, Dyker Beach Golf Course is found on 86th Street and 7th Avenue, just south of Dyker Heights.
Opened in 1920, the Dyker Beach Golf Course is 6,548 yards in length from the back tees. 18 lush and well-groomed holes playing to a par of 71 mean you'll have a sterling time at Dyker Beach Golf Course. Any visit to the NYC metro area should include some time in Brooklyn – enjoy a round of golf while you're there.
Covering over 26,000 acres and three boroughs in the NYC metro area, the Gateway National Recreation Area is an open area managed by the National Park Service.
The recreation area consists of three units and 11 park sites in the Port of New York and New Jersey. Gateway National Recreation Area is comprised of the Jamaica Bay Unit, the Staten Island Unit, and the Sandy Hook Unit in New Jersey.
The parks within are ideal for swimming, hiking, boating, and wildlife viewing in places like the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, Great Kills Park, and even the clothing-optional Gunnison Beach.
Visitors, vacationers and residents of the family-friendly area of New York known as Coney Island, have plenty of options for fun. MCU Park, located in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, is one of them. MCU Park is the minor league baseball stadium for the Brooklyn Cyclones team. The Cyclones have played in MCU Park since 2001 and play in the New York - Penn League and are affiliated with the New York Mets.
The park features 7,500 seats, with a capacity of selling an additional 2,500 standing room only seats. While at a game in MCU Park, be sure to take in the scenic views of the surrounding Coney Island landmarks: the Parachute Jump, the Wonder Wheel and the Coney Island Cyclone. The views of the Atlantic Ocean are also breathtaking. Many concerts have also been held at the park. Stay close to this fun Brooklyn ballpark, as a guest of one of the local Best Western hotels.
Established in 1970, Medgar Evers College is a public, senior college located in Brooklyn in New York City. Medgar Evers is a member of both the City University of New York (CUNY) system and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
Offering a number of baccalaureate and associates degree programs, Medgard Evers is divided into four different schools. Athletics at Medgar are comprised of a variety of men and women’s NCAA Division III teams – collectively known as the Medgar Evers Cougars – competing in the City University of New York Athletic Conference (CUNYAC).
Founded in 1854, the New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering is a private institution found in Brooklyn in the New York City metro area. A poly campus of New York University, NYU Poly is the second oldest engineering and technology college in the US.
Although NYU Poly’s athletics existed independently for many years as the Fighting Blue Jays – at the end of the 2014 season they merged with NYU’s program, becoming the Bobcats. The Bobcats compete as NCAA Division III members in several conferences, like the ECAC and the UAA.
With all of the wonderful and exciting sports teams in New York City, visitors will need plenty of time to see them all. From the New York Yankees in Bronx's Yankee Stadium, to the New York Mets in Flushing's Citi Field there is plenty of action. Make time to watch an exciting minor league baseball game in Staten Island's Richmond County Bank Ballpark. This 7,171 seat stadium is the home field for the Staten Island Yankees, affiliates of the New York Yankees, in the New York - Penn League.
Richmond County Bank Ballpark was built on the site of the former New York City B&O Railroad rail yards, overlooking the New York Harbor. The ballpark was completed in 2001 and features sails representing the Staten Island Ferry, at the ballpark entrance. Celebrate a special occasion at the ballpark by renting the Skyline Suite, with a capacity for sixty people, and enjoy the incredible harbor views. Stay close to the ballpark in one of the nearby Brooklyn Best Western hotels, for a wonderful night's rest.
Founded in 1916, as St. Joseph’s College for Women, St. Joseph’s College is a private liberal arts college with New York City campuses in Brooklyn and Long Island. The Long Island campus, however, enrolls over 3,700 students working towards degrees in over 26 majors.
Apart from the academics, St. Joseph’s Long Island also features a diverse athletics program – collectively known as the Golden Eagles. As members of the NCAA Division III, the Golden Eagles compete in several conferences, including the Skyline Conference and the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference.
Founded in 1883, Wagner College is a private liberal arts college located on Staten Island in New York City. Wagner College enrolls roughly 4,000 students each year, studying a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and pre-professional programs.
Must-see sites on campus include the Union Art Gallery, Parker Hall, and the Horrmann Library. Wagner College athletics come in the form of the Wager Seahawks – comprised of 18 teams competing in the Northeast Conference.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Brooklyn Children's Museum, this award winning children's museum offers hand-on exhibits that engages pre-school through middle school aged children. It is the only children's museum in New York.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Barclays Center®, in the heart of Brooklyn, at the crossroads of Atlantic and Flatbush Avenues, Barclays Center® is setting a new standard as the showcase venue for the world's most thrilling entertainment and sports events. Home of the Brooklyn Nets the Barclays Center® hosts a variety of top performers in concert.
- 1.50 mile(s) from The Brooklyn Museum of Art, housed in a 560,000-square-foot, Beaux-Arts building, is one of the oldest and largest art museums in the country. Its world-renowned permanent collections range from ancient Egyptian masterpieces to contemporary art, and represent a wide range of cultures.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Brooklyn Botanic Garden, growing from its humble beginnings as an ash dump in the late 1800s, it has come to represent today the very best in urban gardening and horticultural displays.
- 2.00 mile(s) from MTA Transit Museum, learn the history of the transit system that keeps New York City alive at this informative museum located in a closed subway station packed with vintage trains.
- 15.20 mile(s) from Coney Island, spend a day at the beach, ride the world famous Cyclone rollercoaster or grab a hot dog at Famous Nathan's® Hotdog Stand. During the summer months MCU Park is the home to NY Mets Single A baseball team The Cyclones.
- 1.70 mile(s) from Atlantic Terminal Mall
- 2.20 mile(s) from Butter New York Inc., shoe store
- 2.20 mile(s) from Foot Locker
- 2.50 mile(s) from Macy's
- 2.60 mile(s) from Finish Line
- 4.00 mile(s) from Kings Plaza Shopping Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 11.90 mile(s) from Manhattan, midtown
- 2.50 mile(s) from Brooklyn Navy Development, shipping, repair
- 3.90 mile(s) from Brooklyn Brewery, categories: importers, guides, sightseeing, breweries and brew pubs
- 3.90 mile(s) from Brooklyn Heights Press
- 6.60 mile(s) from American Express Credit, executive & legislative offices
- 1.90 mile(s) from Pratt Institute
- 2.00 mile(s) from Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 1.50 mile(s) from Medgar Evers College, the City University of New York
- 2.40 mile(s) from Long Island University
- 2.50 mile(s) from Brooklyn College
- 2.00 mile(s) from Polytech Institute of New York University
- 2.00 mile(s) from CUNY NYC Tech, City University of New York - New York City College of Technology
- 2.50 mile(s) from St. Francis College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2.60 mile(s) from Little Gym of Brooklyn, kids soar as you strive to give your children the best foundation for success.
- 2.80 mile(s) from Eastern Athletic Clubs, massages-basic, personal trainers, pilates, yoga
- 2.90 mile(s) from Prospect Park
- 4.30 mile(s) from Gleasons Gym, oldest boxing and conditioning gym
- Across the street from David's Brisket House, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. No frills deli serving the best Pastrami, Corned Beef and Brisket sandwiches in Brooklyn. A few tables inside can get crowded quickly. What they lack in looks is certainly made up for with great sandwiches.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Applebee's®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Nationally known chain that serves great food in a friendly and family atmosphere.
- 0.50 mile(s) from O's Grill Spot, full service, Cajun, open for: lunch, dinner. This Caribbean influenced restaurant is the real deal. Their Rasta Pasta is legendary in Crown Heights. For a true taste of the islands spot in or call for delivery.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Alchemy Restaurant & Tavern, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Located across from Barclay Center this low key Park Slope restaurant serves a variety of American cuisine at reasonable prices.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Junior's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Junior's is the undisputed King of Cheesecakes. They have over 20 varieties of cheesecakes as well as a full menu to please both young and old alike.
- 2.30 mile(s) from Rose Water Restaurant, full service, American, open for: dinner. Cute atmosphere, seasonal menu, friendly service and the food is good. This is the perfect place to go when you feel like good, satisfying food. Romantic/date spot. Weekend brunch and dinner.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Brooklyn. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Tribeca Film Festival
One of the nation's premier film festivals gets away in Lower Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood.
Ninth Avenue International Food Festival
This 15-block festival in Hell's Kitchen serves food from all four corners of the globe alongside cultural music and dancing events.
Kings County Fair of Brooklyn at Aviator Sports
Brooklyn's biggest family-friendly event kicks off at the Floyd Bennet Field area for 12 days.
Museum Mile Festival
The Museum Mile stretch of Fifth Avenue offers the city's biggest free block party and admission to eight NYC museums, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Guggenheim.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean