BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel
3934 21st Street, Long Island City, NY 11101-6122
Phone: 718/880-3853 | Fax: 718/880-3854 | 121 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Choose this fine hotel in Long Island City, New York hotel offering convenient access to a variety of nearby Manhattan attractions.
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel, where guests will find friendly customer service and superior accommodations at an affordable price. Located just five minutes from Manhattan and New York, this Long Island City hotel features well-appointed guest rooms with cable satellite television and free wireless high-speed Internet access.
Guests staying at this 100% non-smoking hotel will enjoy a variety of amenities including a complimentary continental breakfast, and a 24-hour fitness center. The BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel offers convenient access to a variety of nearby Manhattan attractions including the United Nations Building, the Museum of Modern Art and the Broadway Theater District.
Guests staying at this New York hotel will also enjoy visiting Times Square, the Rockefeller Center, Central Park and Madison Square Garden. The BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel is also close to several subway lines as well as La Guardia Airport, only five miles away.
The Friendly staff at the BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel is ready to ensure a memorable stay in Long Island City. Make a reservation today and save! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100 % smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee and hot items
- Exercise facility, 24 hour
- Universal gym
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Business center, 24 hours
- Computer, available
- Mail services
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Elevator access to all floors.
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish, and Hindi)
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Meeting facilities, general meeting room that can accommodate up to ten attendees
- Parking for the physically challenged 25.00 nominal fee base on availability only
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking, 25.00 nominal fee base on availability only
- Garage parking, 25.00 nominal fee base on availability only
- Paid parking, 25.00 nominal fee, Parking is strictly based on availibility.
- Microwave in breakfast room is available for guest use
BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plaza hotel in Long Island City.
BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plaza hotel in Long Island City, New York is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.755784 / Latitude: -73.94099
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Midtown Manhattan. Going east on 57th Street, turn left onto Queensboro Bridge Upper Level (entrance is located between 2nd and 1st Avenue). Continue straight onto the bridge. Once on the bridge stay in the right lane. Turn right towards 21st Street, when roadway splits make a right onto 21st Street. The BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel will be on the left after four traffic lights.
From: LaGuardia Airport. Take Grand Central Parkway West. Take Exit 45 toward 31st Street. Turn left at 31st Street. Turn right at Broadway. Turn left at 21st Street. The BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel will be on right after 38th Avenue.
From: JFK Airport. Take Interstate 678 North/Van Wyck Expressway North. Take Exit 12B for Interstate 495 West/Long Island Expressway West. Merge onto Interstate 495/Long Island Expressway West. Take Exit 16 toward Hunters Point Avenue. Merge right immediately after the off ramp. Continue straight on Hunters Point Avenue, which will turn into 49th Avenue. Turn right onto 21st Street. The BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel will be on left after 40th Avenue.
From: Brooklyn/Verrazano Bridge Take Interstate 278 East. Take Exit 33 toward McGuinness Boulevard. Turn left at Humboldt Street. Continue on McGuinness Boulevard South. Continue on 11th Street. Turn right onto Jackson Avenue. Turn left onto 21st Street. The BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel will be on left after 40th Avenue.
From: Triborough Bridge/RFK Bri Take Interstate 278 West. Continue on Triborough/RFK Bridge. Take first exit after bridge, toward Astoria Boulevard/31st Street. Turn right at 31st Street. Turn right at Broadway. Turn left at 21st Street. The BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel will be on right after 38th Avenue.
From: Long Island. Take Long Island Expressway West. Take Exit 16 toward Hunters Point Avenue. Merge right immediately after the off ramp. Continue straight on Hunters Point Avenue, which will turn into 49th Avenue. Turn right onto 21st Street. The BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel will be on left after 40th Avenue.
BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Set in the borough of Queens, LaGuardia Airport serves the New York City metropolitan area.
LaGuardia is a focus city for American Airlines, and supports other major airlines like Delta, United, Southwest, and US Airways.
The Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, located in Flushing Meadows Park, has hosted the US Open tennis tournament since 1978. The 46-acre center contains 22 tennis courts with an additional eleven courts available adjacent park.
Operated by the United States Tennis Association, the center is available for public tennis matches throughout the year, except for during the US Open. The center's main court is Arthur Ashe Stadium, the world's largest tennis stadium, with a capacity for 23,200 spectators. Plan to watch your favorite tennis players during the US Open and enjoy your time in the New York City metro area.
Located in The Bronx in the NYC metropolitan area, Saint Paul's Church National Historic Site was constructed in 1765, and today is managed by the National Park Service and the Society of the National Shrine of the Bill of Rights at Saint Paul's Church.
The site includes the historic Saint Paul's Church and the surrounding five-acre cemetery – with burial sites dating to 1704. Attracting nearly 14,000 annual visitors, Saint Paul's Church offers guided tours like the Church Tower Walks, and the exhibit "A Conservative Union Parish: St. Paul's Church and the Civil War" in the visitor center.
The fourth and final tennis major of each year’s Grand Slam tournament series, the US Open is held at the National Tennis Center in Flushing, New York. The New York City suburb draws visitors far and wide for the two-week showcase in late August and early September.
Played on acrylic hard hard courts, the tournament is made up of five championships – men’s and women’s singles and doubles, as well as special tournaments for seniors, juniors, and wheelchair players. A total of over $34 million in prize money is given out to winners each year.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Queensbridge Park, Local Long Island City Park.
- 2.60 mile(s) from United Nations
- 2.60 mile(s) from Central Park
- 3.00 mile(s) from The Museum of Modern Art
- 3.00 mile(s) from Broadway Theaters
- 3.10 mile(s) from Rockefeller Center
- 3.30 mile(s) from Radio City Music Hall
- 3.40 mile(s) from Time Square
- 3.70 mile(s) from Metropolitan Museum
- 3.80 mile(s) from Empire State Building
- 4.00 mile(s) from Madison Square Garden, home of the New York Rangers and Knicks
- 4.10 mile(s) from Museum of Natural History
- 4.40 mile(s) from Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
- 6.60 mile(s) from Citi Field, home of the New York Mets
- 6.80 mile(s) from Statue of Liberty
- 7.00 mile(s) from Brooklyn Bridge
- 7.10 mile(s) from US Open
- 7.40 mile(s) from Yankee Stadium, home of the New York Yankees
- 7.80 mile(s) from Wall Street
- 2.90 mile(s) from Fifth Avenue, high-end boutique shopping
- 3.80 mile(s) from Macy's, world's largest department store
- 4.20 mile(s) from 34th Street, shopping
- 4.30 mile(s) from Queens Center Mall, local mall in Queens
- 0.50 mile(s) from Dena's Coffee Shop, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, local coffee shop with homemade servings.
- 0.50 mile(s) from 5 Star Punjabi, Full Service, Indian, Open for: lunch, dinner, traditional Indian restaurant.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Copacabana, Full Service, International, Open for: lunch, dinner, full service Brazilian restaurant.
- 0.70 mile(s) from Da Gianni, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.10 mile(s) from Water's Edge, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, full Service restaurant overlooking Manhattan skyline.
- 1.20 mile(s) from Uno's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Chicago style deep dish pizza.
BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Long Island City. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
A Streetcar Named Desire
See a live performance of the classic A Streetcar Named Desire during your stay in Brooklyn. Head for the St. Anne's Warehouse on Water Street between April 23rd and May 22nd and enjoy a show.
Nathan's Fourth of July Hotdog Eating Contest
Few things scream "American pride" like gorging on hotdogs. This may well be your idea of a casual Saturday afternoon, but come July 4th, it's all about the Natha's Famous Fourth of July Hotdog Eating Contest. 2016 marks the 100 year anniversary.
New York Empire State Tattoo Expo
Head for Midtown in NYC from July 15th to 17th for the annual Empire State Tattoo Expo. Check out the latest in tattoo technology, hear seminars from the leading artists, and see Paul Booth's Last Rites Gallery.
Williamsburg Bites Brooklyn Food Tour
Check out Station Restaurant on 166 North 7th St. in Brooklyn for the premier eating event of the season – Williamsburg Bites Brooklyn Food Tour. On August 5th, starting at 2 p.m., this charming eatery hosts a feast fit for vikings – the three-hour event features seven unique tastings.
Brooklyn Bridge Photo Tour
Take part in this exceptional 90-minute photo safari of the Brooklyn Bridge on your next visit. Hosted by the New York City Photo Safari, this event will teach you how to add a bit drama to your photography.
The Original Multicultural Bar Hopping Tour
Enjoy a unique blend of bars and restaurants on the Original Multicultural Bar Hopping Tour during your next visit to NY. You'll check out a bar where Abe Lincoln once visited, a Japanese izakaya bar, and one of the premier Korean BBQ spots in the city – all on August 15th, starting at 6:30 p.m.
Point of No Return Comedy Show – Free
This summer, be sure to enjoy some knee slappers, rib ticklers, and gust busters at the Old Man Hustle, host venue for the Point of No Return Comedy Show. Hosted by Jonathan Randall, this free event features top New York-based and touring comedians working today.
VP Debate at Greenpoint Beer
Be sure to check out the Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. this October when they host the Vice Presidential Debate. Whether you go right or left, there's no question you'll enjoy the unique beer-based cocktails found at Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean