BEST WESTERN Gateway Adirondack Inn
175 N Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502-2511
Phone: 315/732-4121 | Fax: 315/797-8265 | 88 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the newly renovated BEST WESTERN Gateway Adirondack Inn, the heart of the Mohawk Valley! Located just off of I-90, Exit 31, halfway between New York and Niagara falls, we offer the perfect accommodations for all travelers.
Explore the great outdoors at Adirondack State Park, roll the dice at Turning Stone® Casino, run the annual Boilermaker 15k road race or hit a home run with a visit to the Cooperstown National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, all just a short drive away. Business travelers appreciate the proximity of corporate locations such as Griffiss Business & Technology Park and the New York State Government Office Building.
Our area is home to many colleges, including, SUNY IT, Utica College, Mohawk Valley Community College, Hamilton College, and Colgate University.
And while there's plenty to do near our hotel at the foothills of the Adirondacks, we also offer easy access to major cities like New York City, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo.
The BEST WESTERN Gateway Adirondack Hotel offers friendly service; affordable rates and amenities that will make you feel right at home. Our 100% non-smoking guest rooms come complete with cable, 32-inch flat panel televisions and free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the entire hotel. The hotel also offers upgraded features such as a fitness center, coin-operated guest laundry, free parking and an on-site business center with free copy and fax services.
Don't forget about breakfast! We offer a full breakfast buffet in the mornings; weekdays 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and Saturday/Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Our breakfast includes, pancake, sausage links, egg patty, breakfast potatoes, yogurt, hot/cold cereals, assorted breads, homemade muffins, fresh fruit, as well as coffee, tea and juice to start your morning off right! Check our daily menu.
If you're looking for a Utica, New York hotel that is convenient, comfortable and affordable, we are it! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Exercise facility, Open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Fitness room is equipped with a treadmill, elliptical and bicycle and strength equipment
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Your choice of assorted breads, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, egg patty, sausage links, pancakes, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Guest laundry
- Ice/vending machines
- 24-hour front desk
- Truck/RV parking
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Free parking
- Business center, computer and printer
- Audio/visual equipment
- Fax services
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish
- Express check out
- Late check out Available upon request/availability
- Cable or satellite television
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services
- Convenience store/Sundry Sundry Store - available in Hotel Lobby Hess Express - adjacent
- High-speed wireless Internet access.
- Two floors
- Fridge-Micro's available in certain rooms - please read room descriptions to book correct room
BEST WESTERN Gateway Adirondack Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western gateway adirondack inn in Utica.
BEST WESTERN Gateway Adirondack Inn
Conveniently located, the best western gateway adirondack inn in Utica, New York is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.110735 / Latitude: -75.218945
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The North (HWY 8/12) Follow signs for 8, 12 South. Then follow signs for the New York State Thruway (90). Take the Genesee Street South Exit. At stop sign, make a right the BEST WESTERN Gateway Adirondack Inn will be over the bridge on the right.
From: The South (HWY 8/12) Follow signs for 8, 12 North. Then follow the signs for the New York State Thruway 90. Take the Genesee Street South Exit. At stop sign, make a right the BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn will be over the bridge on the right.
From: The East/West (I-90) Take Interstate 90 (New York State Thruway) take Exit 31, the only Utica Exit. Follow signs to downtown Utica South. At stop sign, take a right turn onto Genesee Street. Proceed over the bridge, the BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn will be on the right hand side.
BEST WESTERN Gateway Adirondack Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Constructed in 1758, the Fort Stanwix National Monument is located in Rome in central New York. Managed by the National Park Service and covering 16 acres, this U.S. National Historic Landmark was the site of the 1768 Treaty of Fort Stanwix.
Drawing roughly 85,000 annual visitors, Fort Stanwix offers the Willett Center, three walking trails, and guided tours. Stick around the Willett Center for audible exhibits, a park bookstore, and cancellation station, and more.
Established in 1812, Hamilton College is a private liberal arts college located in the village of Clinton in New York’s Finger Lakes region – between Utica and Syrcause. Hamilton College features a rural campus, enrolling roughly 1,800 students studying in over 50 areas of study.
Athletics at Hamilton College are comprised of a collection of NCAA Division III – known as the Continentals – competing primarily in the New England Small College Athletic Conference. Featured athletic facitilies include the Kirkland Athletic Field and the Charlean and Wayland Blood Fitness and Dance Center.
Founded in 1908, Morrisville State College is a public university located in the central New York village of Morrisville. The college is part of the larger State University of New York (SUNY) system, and is commonly known as SUNY Morrisville.
As members of the NCAA Division III, the Morrisville Mustangs compete in the North Eastern Athletic Conference in a diverse range of athletics. Home games are played at several venues on campus, including Morrisville State College Stadium.
Established as the Stanley Theatre, the Stanley Center for the Arts in downtown Utica is a movie palace with over 2,900 seats. This historic theatre was purchased by Warner Brothers Pictures just three days before it opened in 1928. The Central New York Community Arts Council acquired the theatre in 1974 to ensure it would avoid destruction. It has featured movies, live performances, and symphony throughout the years.
Gene Autry, Conway Twitty, B.B. King, Diana Ross, Barry Manilow, Harry Conick Jr., and Jerry Seinfeld are among some the Stanley stage's former headliners. While in central New York, schedule an appointment to tour the theatre and learn more about its rich history. Consider having your next reception or party in the theatre's magnificent Grand Lobby and Mezzanine.
Founded in 1966, the State University of New York Polytechnic Institute is a public research institution with campuses located in Albany in the Hudson River Valley and Marcy, a suburb of Utica. The university is affiliated with the State University of New York (SUNY) system.
SUNY Poly, as it’s more commonly known, features a diverse athletics program – known as the SUNY Poly Wildcats. The Wildcats field a variety of varsity programs, competing in the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC) at the Wildcat Field House, among other venues.
Owned and operated by the Oneida Indian Nation, the Turning Stone Casino and Resort is located in Verona, New York – west of Utica and east of Syracuse. The central New York gaming destination offers ample slot machines, table games like poker, blackjack, and roulette.
In addition to gambling, Turning Stone boasts a PGA-quality golf course and an indoor golf dome. In addition to popular events like YES Network’s Boston vs. New York Poker Challenge, the casino has hosted big-name musical acts like KISS, No Doubt, Alicia Keys, and comedians like Bill Cosby.
Founded in 1946, Utica College is a private university located in the city of Utica – just east of Syracuse in central New York. Utica’s 128-acre campus enrolls over 3,000 students, and features numerous must-see landmarks, like the Edith Langley Bartlett Art Gallery.
UC houses a deep athletic program as well – fielding 21 NCAA Division III teams competing in the Empire 8 and the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference. Featured athletics venues include the Utica Memorial Auditorium Arena and Charles A. Gaetano Stadium.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Stanley Theater, Utica's Broadway Theater League brings amazing shows to our area!
- 1.00 mile(s) from Adirondack Scenic Railroad, is perfect to take a trip on to view the fall foliage.
- 1.20 mile(s) from Munson Williams Museum, a renowned art collection, fascinating exhibitions, and education programs for all ages are presented in a landmark 1960 International-style building designed by Philip Johnson and in historic Fountain Elms, a superbly restored 1850 Italianate mansion.
- 1.50 mile(s) from FX Matt Brewery, take a tour of our local Brewery and see how beverages are created! Don't forget to try a sample at the end!
- 1.50 mile(s) from Utica Zoo, children will love visiting The Utica Zoo and seeing all the different animals!
- 6.00 mile(s) from Sangertown Mall
- 15.00 mile(s) from Fort Stanwix, was built by the British in 1758 to protect the Oneida Carry area from French attack during the French and Indian War, it was named for British commander, Gen. John Stanwix. About 2,000 to 12,000 men worked on the site; primarily from New York & New England.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Erie Canal Cruises, enjoy the calm waters of the Historic Erie Canal and the spectacular scenery and nature. Travel through a 100 year old lock where you are raised and lowered 20 feet. Relive the history of this storied waterway as your captain delivers an award-winning narration of the past, present and future of the Erie Canal.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Vernon Downs, is located in the heart of central New York's rolling hills and overlooking historic Vernon Downs Racetrack, Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel is your home away from home for a uniquely fun and exciting getaway! Our spacious guestrooms and suites are steps from Vernon Downs Casino and Live Racing for non-stop action and live entertainment.
- 21.00 mile(s) from Adirondack State Park, the Adirondacks are made up of seven distinct regional destinations, each offering their own brand of Adirondack adventure. From the Adirondack Lakes Region with more than 600 bodies of navigable water, to the extensive hiking trails of the High Peaks Wilderness in the Lake Placid Region - discover an area as diverse in geography as it is in activities and events.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Unidilla Valley Sports, yearly stop on the Pro National MX Tour every August!
- 30.00 mile(s) from Turning Stone Casino, is a premier four-season, destination resort in Upstate New York, the Oneida Indian Nation’s Turning Stone® Resort Casino is conveniently located about 30 miles east of Syracuse at NYS Thruway exit 33. Turning Stone was named “Most Excellent Golf Resort” in 2010 by Condé Nast Johansens. The Academy of Country Music named Turning Stone “Casino of the Year” in 2009. The resort offers world-class gaming, golf, entertainment, accommodations and spa facilities.
- 40.00 mile(s) from Baseball Hall of Fame, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is an independent, non-profit educational institution dedicated to fostering an appreciation of the historical development of baseball and its impact on our culture by collecting, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting its collections for a global audience as well as honoring those who have made outstanding contributions to our national pastime.
- 1.00 mile(s) from North Utica Shopping Center
- 6.00 mile(s) from NH Shopping Center
- 8.00 mile(s) from Consumer Square
- 8.00 mile(s) from Sangertown Mall
- 8.00 mile(s) from The Orchards
- 45.00 mile(s) from Destiny USA
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.80 mile(s) from Valley View Golf Course
- 7.50 mile(s) from Family Fun Factory
- 0.50 mile(s) from Childrens Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Twin Ponds Golf Course
- There are plenty of dining options within minutes of this Utica hotel.
- Adjacent to Delmonico's Steakhouse, bar/lounge, Steak House, open for: dinner
- 0.10 mile(s) from Babe's Macaroni Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Applebees, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Dominique's Chesterfield, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Georgio's, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Secret Garden, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Symeon's Greek Restaurant, bar/lounge, Greek, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.15 mile(s) from Sumo Japanese Steakhouse, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: dinner
- 6.25 mile(s) from Mitsuba Hibachi Steakhous, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: dinner
- 6.50 mile(s) from 99 Restaurant, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.5 mile(s) from Red Lobster, bar/lounge, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.50 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, bar/lounge, Steak House, open for: dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Dunkin Donuts
BEST WESTERN Gateway Adirondack Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Utica. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean