Best Western Albany Airport Inn
200 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205-1197
Phone: 518/458-1000 | Fax: 518/458-2807 | 153 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Convenience meets affordability at the Best Western Albany Airport Inn, just minutes from Albany International Airport and Times Union Center.
Perfect for business and leisure travelers, our Albany hotel on Wolf Road makes it easy to experience everything the area has to offer. While many guests are drawn to our hotel's proximity (two miles) to Albany International Airport and complimentary shuttle, there are many other reasons to choose the Best Western Albany Airport Inn.
Bet at the Saratoga Racetrack or catch a game at the Times Union Center. Dine at one of the 40 restaurants within miles of our Albany hotel, or shop at Colonie Center or Crossgate Mall. Enjoy the area's stunning scenery and recreational activities at Lake George, Hudson River Valley, Mohawk River, Cohoes Waterfalls and Saratoga Springs.
Located near University at Albany, Siena College, Saint Rose College and the New York State Bar Exam, our Albany hotel is also perfect for students and their visitors.
Corporate travelers can make the most of their stay with short commutes to local businesses, including GE, Clough Harbour, IBM and Nano Tech Sematech. With a business center and over 5,500 square feet of conference facilities, our property is perfect for your next Albany meeting or event.
The Best Western Albany Airport Inn is also a popular venue for weddings. We just renovated our ballroom and have a professional wedding planner!
The well-appointed rooms at our pet friendly Albany hotel offer free wireless Internet access, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV and more. Get a great night's rest at our Albany hotel and wake up to a complimentary deluxe full breakfast buffet. Our property also boasts a sparkling, dome-enclosed, indoor heated pool and fitness center.
To experience our clean and spacious accommodations and attentive service, book the Best Western Albany Airport Inn today! Enjoy your stay!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Cocktail lounge
- High-speed internet access, wireless
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, waffles, pancakes, French toast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, scrambled eggs, hot breakfast meat, breakfast potatoes, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Complimentary breakfast
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe deposit box
- Bar/Lounge open Monday - Saturday, excluding holidays from 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Indoor pool Heated
- Ice/vending machines
- Physically challenged services, facilities available
- Airport courtesy shuttle available
- Free airport shuttle , Airport Shuttle 4:15 a.m. - 12 midnight Our courtesy shuttle runs to and from the Albany International Airport 7 days a week. Operating hours are 4:15 a.m. - 12 midnight. Five mile radius.
- Truck/RV parking
- Business center, open 24-hours, complimentary
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit services
- Conference services
- Audio/visual equipment
- Photocopy services
- Fax services
- Exercise facility, 24-hour enjoy our brand new, oversized, onsite fitness center! Complete with cardio equipment as well as strength training equipment!
- Computer printing services
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stationary bike
- weightlifting equipment
- Inter corridor
- Express check out
- Late check out late check outs are subject to an additional fee
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free high speed wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services We receive USPS mail service six days a week. We will gladly include your already stamped standard size envelope in our outgoing mail. Less than 5 miles you will find two United States post offices as well as a Fed Ex office.
- Wedding services Our onsite certified wedding planner will assist you in all wedding day needs. Engagement dinners, showers, rehearsal dinner, overnight accommodations with transportation, onsite ceremony's as well as receptions and morning after brunches!
- Equipment rental
- Coffee shop We offer complimentary coffee in our breakfast room during breakfast hours. you can also find coffee in your overnight room. We are located within walking distance to a Starbucks as well as a Dunkin Donuts coffee shop.
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Complimentary newspaper weekdays
- Offsite guest laundry
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Extra wide doors and coat racks for physically challenged
- Park and fly package rate with a $20.00 USD charge for parking for up to two weeks with free shuttle to and from the airport and complimentary continental breakfast. $5.00 USD per day thereafter.
- Complimentary motorcoach parking
- Complimentary certified wedding planner for all onsite wedding's
Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western albany airport inn in Albany.
Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Conveniently located, the best western albany airport inn in Albany, New York is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.724175 / Latitude: -73.800255
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 87 From I-87 North: Take exit 4. Make a left onto old Wolf Road (Route 155). Make a left onto Albany Shaker Road. Make a right onto Wolf Road to the Best Western Albany Airport Inn.
Best Western Albany Airport Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Albany International Airport
Set in New York’s capital city, the Albany International Airport (ALB) is a public airport set just north of Albany.
Established in 1908, ALB supports major airlines like Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and US Airways.
Supporting four terminals, ALB serves the region central New York, and is a focus city for Cape Air. ALB is owned by Albany County, and operated by the Albany County Airport Authority.
Enjoy your next visit to New York with a stay in Albany. There are many ways to help make this trek through NY memorable – whether it be the stunning golf courses, unique and fun roadside attractions, or ski areas – and one spot you can't miss is Bob Ford Field.
Particularly ideal for sports fans visiting Albany and the Hudson Valley, Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium is home to the University at Albany football team. It opened in 2013, and can seat 8,500 fans. Visit Albany during the late summer or fall and catch the Albany Great Danes hit the gridiron.
Empire State Plaza
Comprised of eight buildings, the complex most notably features a uniquely shaped performing arts theater and meeting center called the Egg, and Corning Tower – the tallest building in New York outside of New York City.
Visitors to the plaza will find numerous memorials, including the New York State Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
Throughout the plaza, the Empire State Plaza Art Collection features over 90 large paintings, as well as sculptures and tapestries.
Opened on Memorial Day, 1926, the FASNY Museum of Firefighting draws enthusiasts to the Hudson Valley community of Hudson – less than 45 minutes south of Albany. Home to a great number of historical artifacts, the museum aims to preserve the history of early firefighting.
Funded in part by the likes of the FASNY Foundation, Liberty Mutual Insurance, and TD Bank, FASNY offers visitors interactive tours and exhibits. Past favorites include “Then, Now and Always: Firefighting from Ancient Times through the 1900s.”
Stretched across 10 counties throughout the New York Metro region, central New York, and as far north as Saratoga Springs, the Hudson Valley National Heritage Area acts as a unified series of over 20 sites with historical, cultural, and environmental significance found along the Hudson River. The region was acknowledged in 1996.
Beginning in New York City, sites like the St. Paul’s Church National Historic Site can be found. Heading north, towns like Nyack through West Coxsackie house the Camp Shanks WWII Museum and the Bronck Museum. Continuing north, Albany features must-sees like the Empire State Plaza Art Collection and the New York State Capitol.
Martin Van Buren National Historic Site
Located in New York’s Hudson Valley, the Martin Van Buren National Historic Site preserves the home of the eighth president, Martin Van Buren.
The historic site encompasses 125 acres in Kinderhook – roughly 20 miles south of Albany along the Hudson River.
Due to the large outdoor area abound, guests can explore the park via several nature trails, including, the Lindenwalk Wayside and Kinderhook Dutch Farming Heritage trails.
Moreover, guided tours of Van Buren’s Lindenwald Farm are offered almost daily.
New York State Capitol
This impressive white granite Romanesque Revival and Neo-Renaissance style structure was the most expensive building constructed at the time, at a cost of $25 million.
Former stomping grounds of Grover Cleveland and Teddy Roosevelt, the New York capitol is part of the Lafayette Park Historic District – and listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Enjoy a guided tour of this National Historic Landmark to view the vast Assembly Chamber, where the New York State Legislature meets.
Continue your tour in the lobby to view the huge vaulted Moorish-Gothic ceiling and onto the three major staircases: the Great Western Staircase, the Senate Staircase, and the Assembly Staircase.
New York State Museum
This historical museum was established in 1836 as the New York State Geological & Natural History Survey, and is located on the south side of the Empire State Plaza – facing the historic New York State Capitol.
While browsing the displays of artifacts, have fun riding the working carousel completed in 1916.
Permanent exhibits include the Ancient Life of New York, Mineral of New York, Native Peoples of New York, the Fire Engine Hall, The World Trade Center: Rescue, Recovery, Response, and Windows on New York.
Founded in 1937, Siena College is a private liberal arts college located in Loudonville – just north of Albany in the Hudson Valley. The 174-acre campus features notable sites like Siena Hall, the Morrell Science Center, Roger Beacon Hall, and plenty more.
The Siena Saints houses 18 Division I teams, competing in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The Siena Saints basketball teams play at the Times Union Center, where they have qualified for the NCAA Tournament numerous times.
Established in 1916, the Sage Colleges are three private universities found throughout New York State – Russell Sage College in Troy, Sage College of Albany in Albany, and Sage Graduate School, which operates in both Troy and Albany.
The Sage Colleges feature a diverse athletics program as well – collectively known as the Sage Gators. The Gators are members of the NCAA Division III, and they compete in the Skyline Conference and the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference.
With the seating capacity for 15,500 sports fans, the Times Union Center is set in downtown Albany, New York. Owned by Albany County and operated by SMG, the arena is home to the AHL Albany Devils hockey team, as well as Siena College's men's basketball team, the Siena Saints.
Formerly known as Knickerbocker Arena and Pepsi Arena, the facility was opened with a performance by the legendary Frank Sinatra. Times Union Center has since remained a go-to venue for big-name concerts – past headliners include Billy Joel, Elton John, U2, Bruce Springsteen, and Pearl Jam.
University at Albany
Established in 1844, the University at Albany, State University of New York, is primarily a research institution with three campuses in the Hudson Valley.
Both the Uptown and Downtown campuses are found in Albany, while the East Campus is in nearby Rensselaer.
The campuses feature a host of must-see buildings, like the Performing Arts Center and the University Art Museum at University of Albany uptown, and Page Hall downtown.
UAlbany is no stranger to great athletics – with the Albany Great Danes competing in the Division I American East Conference with 19 varsity teams.
This historical 136-acre park was established in 1870, and features an 1875 footbridge crossing Washington Park Lake.
The lawn in front of the 1929 brick Spanish Revival style Washington Park Lake House has hosted performing arts for more than 20 years. Several monuments adorn the park.
Be sure to view the park's first memorial, a bust of Dr. James H. Armsby, the co-founder of Albany Medical College and the King Memorial Fountain.
The annual Tulip Festival has been held at the park since 1949, showcasing the park's 200,000 tulips.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 10.00 mile(s) from City of Albany, With each of our four changing seasons, comes different scenery and events - an abundance of tulips in the spring, nonstop outdoor fun in the summer, gorgeous fall foliage in autumn, and in winter...a wonderland of holiday lights in the park, and ice skating at the Plaza! Albany offers a taste of everything, and not just with our eclectic cuisine. Events and festivals abound. Historic sites and government buildings offer tours and impressive architecture. Parks, memorials, art galleries, museums, and planetariums are found at every turn.
- 10.00 mile(s) from New York State Museum, The New York State Museum in Downtown Albany explores the cultural and natural history of New York State. The Museum features approximately 10 new exhibits each year. Favorites include a full-sized Iroquois longhouse, working carousel and The Cohoes Mastadon. Temporary exhibitions are often developed with their own extensive collections or traveled from renowned museums across the country. Within the main halls, are the popular long-standing favorites including: - Adirondack Wilderness - Ancient Life of New York: A Billion Years of Earth History - Birds of New York - Beneath the City: Albany Archeology - Black Capital: Harlem in the 20s - Cohoes Mastodon - Fire Engine Hall - The Governor's Collection of Contemporary Native American Crafts - Metropolis Hall - Minerals of New York - Native Peoples of New York - Windows on New York - The World Trade Center: Rescue Recovery Response- Historic and lastly its Working Carousel for the little ones to ride!
- 30.00 mile(s) from Saratoga® Racetrack, Located in historic Saratoga Springs, New York, Saratoga Casino and Raceway is the place for over 1,700 exciting slots! Now featuring incredible new electronic table games, this New York Casino brings gaming excitement close to home. Together with live harness racing, simulcast wagering, delicious dining and live entertainment all under one roof! Located only 30 minutes North of us!
- 50.00 mile(s) from Great Escape® & Splashwater, Six Flags Great Escape® & Splashwater Kingdom is located just 45 minutes. North of us in beautiful Lake George! This theme park is fun for the entire family with over 135 rides, shows and attractions including a full water park.
- 10.00 mile(s) from USS Slater DE766, USS Slater is a World War II destroyer escort restored to its 1945 configuration. Of 563 built during World War II, the SLATER is the only destroyer escort left afloat in the United States. After serving in both the Atlantic and Pacific Theaters, the ship was decommissioned and then, in 1951, given to Greece where she served the Hellenic Navy for 40 years. USS Slater is a National Historic Landmark. Guided tours available April through November.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Children's Museum, The Children's Museum of Science and Technology is the only science center in the Capital Region where children and parents can explore, discover, and imagine the world of science together. This museum offers a wide variety of hands-on programming through live animals, exciting exhibits and its Lally Digital Dome Planetarium.
- 55.00 mile(s) from Howe Caverns, The great cave of the northeast, Howe Caverns, is located only 45 minutes west of Albany, half way to Cooperstown and is New York State's second most-visited natural attraction (after Niagara Falls).Before entering the cave, an animatronic version of discoverer Lester Howe tells the story of its discovery. Enter the cave via elevator to experience well-lit, smooth brick walkways, and a boat ride on the underground Lake of Venus, all of which contribute to the extraordinary 90-minute guided tour. Year-round the cavern temperature is 52 degrees F (12 degrees C). Light jackets and comfortable shoes recommended. Special interest tours (Lantern Tours and Adventure Tours) are available with advance reservations. Traditional tours do not need reservations.
- 65.00 mile(s) from Baseball Hall of Fame®, The National Baseball Hall of Fame® and Museum is a not-for-profit educational institution dedicated to fostering an appreciation of the historical development of the game and its impact on our culture by collecting, preserving, exhibiting, and interpreting its collections for a global audience, as well as honoring those who have made outstanding contributions to our National pastime. 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. from Memorial Day to Labor Day 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. for the remainder of the year. Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Altamont Fairgrounds, The Altamont Fair is a three county fair representing Albany, Schenectady and Greene Counties. The Fair Grounds also hosts year round events and concerts, as well as having several museums on the property.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Colonie Center, A large recently renovated mall with over 120 stores including L.L. Bean, and Macy's. Inaddtion to shopping this mall also has a full food court as well as the popular Cheesecake Factory. lastly this mall includes a recently renovated Movie Theater.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Crossgates Mall, The largest mall in the Capital District with Best Buy, Macy's, and Dick's Sporting Goods, all as anchor stores. This mall is complete with shopping, dinning as well as entertainment vendors.
- 5 mile(s) from Stuyvesant Plaza, Upscale strip mall near the junction of Interstates 87 and 90; this strip mall includes boutiques as well as several restaurants.
- 45 mile(s) from Lake George Outlets, Featuring outlets from Banana Republic, Gap, Gymboree, Jockey, Nine West, Oshkosh B'Gosh, Sunglass Hut, Tommy Hilfiger, Yankee Candle, Coach, and more!
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2.00 mile(s) from Colonie Center, The two-story mall contains approximately 120 stores as well as a food court and movie theater.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Crossgates Mall, Crossgates Mall, the Capital regions premier shopping, dining and entertainment destination. ONE CROSSGATES MALL ROAD ALBANY, NY.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Paint & Sip, Saratoga Paint & Sip is the perfect night out for any occasion. Have a girl's night, birthday party, date night, teambuilding workshop or whatever floats your boat! Grab a drink, an apron and get ready to create a masterpiece! SARATOGA PAINT AND SIP STUDIO 4 NEW LOUDON ROAD LATHAM NY.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Saratoga Gaming and Races, This Casino and Thoroughbred Raceway is the place for entertainment! Featuring incredible new electronic table games, and slots. Together with live harness racing, simulcast wagering, delicious dining and live entertainment all under one roof.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Great Escape® Six Flags, Over 135 Rides, Games, Shows, Waterpark and Attractions. Located in beautiful Lake George. 1172 STATE ROUTE 9 QUEENSBURY.
- 50.00 mile(s) from Howe Caverns, Inc., The great cave of the northeast, Howe Caverns, is open year round with seasonal hours. Howe Caverns is located only 45 minutes west of Albany, half way to Cooperstown and is New York State's second most-visited natural attraction. 255 Discovery Dr Howes Cave.
- There are plenty of dining options near this Albany hotel.
- Adjacent to Reel Seafood, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Olive Garden, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Red Lobster, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Turf House Grille, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Pizza Hut, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Wolf Road Diner, Cafe, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- .30 mile(s) from Buffalo Wagon Pan Asian, Full Service, Pacific Rim, Open for: lunch, dinner
- .30 mile(s) from Romano's Macaroni Grill, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Albany. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean